Wednesday 20 October 2010

Week 2: Working on my Goals, thinking about my Perfect Pitch, Getting Inspired

First thoughts:
This week I am thinking about my Perect Pitch for Love Live Music UK.
This is so key in branding yourself online and offline so that you know what you are doing and your customers can buy your product.

The Past: Twenty years ago (in a galaxy far, far away), I used to help teenagers who were struggling with the teenage years, some were homeless, some in trouble with the police and some struggling with alcohol and drug addiction. I think I was very idealistic and had a great passion to get them back on the straight and narrow, with varying levels of success, most of the time it was just about being with them or listening to them while their lives were in turmoil. One of the character traits we used to encourage them to think about was their "USP" - instead of their unique selling point, their "Unique sense of Purpose", while they were here on earth, what were they going to do with this precious thing called life? A big question indeed and many felt overwhelmed with no sense of purpose at all. We encouraged them in the simple things about what they liked, what interested them and how they had something to contribute. Little steps to help them be positive and give them a purpose for living.

USP and getting Inspired So as I think about Love Live Music this week in a surprisingly sunny London town (I am English, I obsess about the weather). I am focusing on it's USP, its unique selling point and its purpose for being here. I have been inspired by the musings of a chap called Mark on twitter called @hardlynormal. He has created a great blog called Hardly Normal http://hardlynormal.com/blog/ which I have enjoyed reading and felt humbled by. Mark has been homeless and has essentially got his life back together and had a vision to connect and help homeless people using the power of social media - here let him explain:





Mark has a vision to use Social media as a tool to create conversation, make connections, get the homeless community visible, have fun and to create a supportive and helpful community. I like these goals and the way Mark has seen the power of social media to enable a homeless community to connect together and bring hope. Very Inspiring indeed, I hope I can integrate some of these values into the heart of Love Live Music.

No comments: